《We Are Seven》
《我們bai是七個》
William Wordsworth
威廉du·華茲華斯
I met a little cottage Girl:?
我碰zhi見壹個鄉村小姑娘:
She was eight years old, she said;
她說才八歲開外;dao
Her hair was thick with many a curl
濃密的發絲壹卷卷從四方
That clustered round her head.
包裹著她的小腦袋。
She had a rustic, woodland air,
她帶了山林野地的風味,
And she was wildly clad:
衣著也帶了土氣: ?
Her eyes were fair, and very fair;
她的眼睛很美,非常美;
—Her beauty made me glad.
她的美叫我歡喜。
‘Sisters and brothers, little Maid,
“小姑娘,妳們壹***是幾個,
How many may you be?’
妳們姊妹弟兄?”
‘How many? Seven in all,’ she said, ?
“幾個?壹***是七個,”她說,
And wondering looked at me.
看著我象有點不懂。
‘And where are they? I pray you tell.’
“他們在哪兒?請給我講講。”
She answered, ‘Seven are we;
“我們是七個,”她回答,
And two of us at Conway dwell,
“兩個老遠的跑去了海上,
And two are gone to sea.
兩個在康威住家。?
‘Two of us in the church-yard lie,
“還有我的小姐姐、小弟弟,
My sister and my brother;
兩個都躺在墳園,
And, in the church-yard cottage, I
我就位在墳園的小屋裏,
Dwell near them with my mother.’
跟母親,離他們不遠。”
‘You say that two at Conway dwell,?
“妳既說兩個跑去了海上,
And two are gone to sea,
兩個在康威住家,
Yet ye are seven!—I pray you tell,
可還說是七個!——請給我講講,
Sweet Maid, how this may be.’
好姑娘,這怎麽說法。”
Then did the little Maid reply,
“我們壹***是七個女和男,”
‘Seven boys and girls are we;
小姑娘馬上就回答, ?
Two of us in the church-yard lie,
裏頭有兩個躺在墳園
Beneath the church-yard tree.’
在那棵墳樹底下。”
‘You run above, my little Maid,
“妳跑來跑去,我的小姑娘,
Your limbs they are alive;
妳的手腳都靈活;
If two are in the church-yard laid,?
既然有兩個埋進了墳坑,
Then ye are only five.’
妳們就只剩了五個。”
‘Their graves are green, they may be seen,’
小姑娘回答說,“他們的墳頭
The little Maid replied,
看得見壹片青青,
‘Twelve steps or more from my mother’s door,
十二步就到母親的門口,
And they are side by side.
他們倆靠得更近。
‘My stockings there I often knit,
“我常到那兒去織我的毛襪,
My kerchief there I hem;
給我的手絹縫邊;
And there upon the ground I sit,
我常到那兒的地上去坐下,
And sing a song to them.
唱歌給他們消遣。
‘And often after sun-set, Sir,?
“到太陽落山了,剛近黃昏,
When it is light and fair,
要是天氣好,黑得晚,
I take my little porringer,
我常把小湯碗帶上壹份,
And eat my supper there.
上那兒吃我的晚飯。
‘The first that died was sister Jane;
“先走的壹個是金妮姐姐,
In bed she moaning lay,?
她躺在床上哭叫, ?
Till God released her of her pain;
老天爺把她的痛苦解了結,
And then she went away.
她就悄悄的走掉。
‘So in the church-yard she was laid;
“所以她就在墳園裏安頓;
And, when the grass was dry,
我們要出去遊戲,
Together round her grave we playe