《But you didn't》,壹位妻子寫給她在越南戰爭中犧牲的丈夫的詩,非常感人。
詩的內容:
Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented it.
記得那天,我借用妳的新車,我撞凹了它
I thought you'd kill me, but you didn't.
我以為妳壹定會殺了我的,但是妳沒有
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach,and you said it would rain, and it did.
記得那天,我拖妳去海灘,而它真如妳所說的下了雨
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
我以為妳會說“我告訴過妳”,但是妳沒有
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?
記得那天,我忘了告訴妳那個舞會是要穿禮服的,而妳卻穿了牛仔褲
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
我以為妳壹定要拋棄我了,但是妳沒有
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
是的,有許多的事妳都沒有做,而妳容忍我鐘愛我保護我
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam.
有許多許多的事情我要回報妳,等妳從越南回來
But you didn't.
但是妳沒有
擴展資料:
越南之愛是壹個美國婦女在整理去世母親遺物的時候, 發現母親曾給戰死越南的父親寫的詩。
越南戰爭是美國等資本主義陣營國家支持的南越(越南***和國)對抗由蘇聯等社會主義陣營國家支持的北越(越南民主***和國)和“越南南方民族解放陣線”的壹場戰爭。發生於冷戰時期的越南(主戰場)、老撾、柬埔寨。
越戰是二戰以後美國參戰人數最多、影響最重大的戰爭,最後美國在越南戰爭中失敗。越南人民軍和越南南方民族解放陣線最終推翻了越南***和國,並統壹了越南全國。
百度百科-越南戰爭