關於母親節英文詩歌篇壹
what rules the world? 什麽支配著世界
by william ross wallace. ***1819–1881***
作者 威廉.羅斯.華萊士
they say that man is mighty,
都說人力無窮,
he governs land and sea;
支配著陸地與大海,
he wields a mighty scepter
行使著至高無上的王權,
o’er lesser powers that be;
統治著弱小的生靈。
but a mightier power and stronger,
然而還有更強大的力量,
man from his throne has hurled,
將人從寶座上掀起,
and the hand that rocks the cradle
是那雙輕推著搖籃的手,
is the hand that rules the world
主宰著整個世界。
關於母親節英文詩歌篇二
My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE
母親教會我如何珍惜他人辛苦勞動:
"If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside - I just finished cleaning!"
“如果妳們要打架,到外邊打去我剛整理好房間!”
My mother taught me RELIGION
母親教會我什麽是宗教:
"You better pray that will e out of the carpet."
“妳最好祈禱那個東西能從地毯下冒出來。”
My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
母親教會我什麽是時間旅行:
"If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
“妳要是不改,我把妳壹把推到下周三!”***意為:不讓過周末。***
My mother taught me LOGIC
母親教會我什麽是邏輯:
"Because I said so, that’s why."
“為什麽?因為我就是這麽說的!”
My mother taught me FORESIGHT
母親教會我什麽是遠見:
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident."
“壹定要穿幹凈內衣,以防萬壹妳遇到事故。”
My mother taught me IRONY
母親教會我什麽是諷刺:
"Keep laughing and I’ll give ou something to cry about."
“接著笑吧,我讓妳壹會兒哭不出來”
My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"
My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM
母親教會我什麽是柔體雜技:
"Will you ’look’ at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
“妳能不能看看妳脖子後面的泥!”
My mother taught me about STAMINA
母親教會我什麽是耐力:
"You’ll sit there ’til all that spinach is finished."
“坐在那兒,直到把所有的菠菜吃完。”
My mother taught me about WEATHER
母親教會我如何識天氣:
"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."
“好像有龍卷風席卷過妳的房間。”
My mother taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS
母親教會我如何解決物理學問題:
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor ing toward you; would you listen then?"
“如果我高聲叫喊,是因為我看見有壹顆流星正朝妳俯沖而來,那妳會不會聽我的話?”
My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY
母親教會我什麽是偽善:
"If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a million times - Don’t exaggerate!"
“如果我曾告訴過妳壹次,我實際上已告訴過妳百萬次不許誇張!”
My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE
母親教會我什麽是生命的輪回:
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
“是我把妳帶來這個世界的,我也可以讓妳離開。”
My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
母親教會我什麽是行為矯正:
"Stop acting like your father!"
“別像妳父親那樣做!”
My mother taught me about ENVY
母親教會我什麽是嫉妒:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do!"
“這世界上有數百萬不幸的孩子,他們可沒有妳這麽好的父母。”
關於母親節英文詩歌篇三
Super Mom
Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of fort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!