英文原詩:
《We Are Seven》
《我們是七個》
William Wordsworth
威廉·華茲華斯
I met a little cottage Girl:?
我碰見壹個鄉村小姑娘:
She was eight years old, she said;
她說才八歲開外;
Her hair was thick with many a curl
濃密的發絲壹卷卷從四方
That clustered round her head.
包裹著她的小腦袋。
She had a rustic, woodland air,
她帶了山林野地的風味,
And she was wildly clad:
衣著也帶了土氣: ?
Her eyes were fair, and very fair;
她的眼睛很美,非常美;
—Her beauty made me glad.
她的美叫我歡喜。
‘Sisters and brothers, little Maid,
“小姑娘,妳們壹***是幾個,
How many may you be?’
妳們姊妹弟兄?”
‘How many? Seven in all,’ she said, ?
“幾個?壹***是七個,”她說,
And wondering looked at me.
看著我象有點不懂。
‘And where are they? I pray you tell.’
“他們在哪兒?請給我講講。”
She answered, ‘Seven are we;
“我們是七個,”她回答,
And two of us at Conway dwell,
“兩個老遠的跑去了海上,
And two are gone to sea.
兩個在康威住家。?
‘Two of us in the church-yard lie,
“還有我的小姐姐、小弟弟,
My sister and my brother;
兩個都躺在墳園,
And, in the church-yard cottage, I
我就位在墳園的小屋裏,
Dwell near them with my mother.’
跟母親,離他們不遠。”
‘You say that two at Conway dwell,?
“妳既說兩個跑去了海上,
And two are gone to sea,
兩個在康威住家,
Yet ye are seven!—I pray you tell,
可還說是七個!——請給我講講,
Sweet Maid, how this may be.’
好姑娘,這怎麽說法。”
Then did the little Maid reply,
“我們壹***是七個女和男,”
‘Seven boys and girls are we;
小姑娘馬上就回答, ?
Two of us in the church-yard lie,
裏頭有兩個躺在墳園
Beneath the church-yard tree.’
在那棵墳樹底下。”
‘You run above, my little Maid,
“妳跑來跑去,我的小姑娘,
Your limbs they are alive;
妳的手腳都靈活;
If two are in the church-yard laid,?
既然有兩個埋進了墳坑,
Then ye are only five.’
妳們就只剩了五個。”
‘Their graves are green, they may be seen,’
小姑娘回答說,“他們的墳頭
The little Maid replied,
看得見壹片青青,
‘Twelve steps or more from my mother’s door,
十二步就到母親的門口,
And they are side by side.
他們倆靠得更近。
‘My stockings there I often knit,
“我常到那兒去織我的毛襪,
My kerchief there I hem;
給我的手絹縫邊;
And there upon the ground I sit,
我常到那兒的地上去坐下,
And sing a song to them.
唱歌給他們消遣。
‘And often after sun-set, Sir,?
“到太陽落山了,剛近黃昏,
When it is light and fair,
要是天氣好,黑得晚,
I take my little porringer,
我常把小湯碗帶上壹份,
And eat my supper there.
上那兒吃我的晚飯。
‘The first that died was sister Jane;
“先走的壹個是金妮姐姐,
In bed she moaning lay,?
她躺在床上哭叫, ?
Till God released her of her pain;
老天爺把她的痛苦解了結,
And then she went away.
她就悄悄的走掉。
‘So in the church-yard she was laid;
“所以她就在墳園裏安頓;
And, when the grass was dry,
我們要出去遊戲,
Together round her grave we played,
草不濕,就繞著她的墳墩——?
My brother John and I
我和約翰小弟弟。
‘And when the ground was white with snow,
“地上蓋滿了白雪的時候,
And I could run and slide,
我可以滑溜坡面,
My brother John was forced to go,
約翰小弟弟可又得壹走,
And he lies by her side.’
他就躺到了她旁邊。”
‘How many are you, then,’ said I,
我就說,“既然他們倆升了天,
‘If they two are in heaven?’
妳們剩幾個了,那麽?”
Quick was the little Maid’s reply,
小姑娘馬上又回答壹遍:
‘O Master! we are seven.’
“先生,我們是七個。”
擴展資料:
《我們是七個》是華茲華斯的壹首有名的抒情敘事詩。該詩借助"我"與壹位八歲的小姑娘之間的對話,以近似口語的簡單樸實的語言,給人以返璞歸真之感,同時反映出華茲華斯詩歌自然與童心兩大主題。
詩歌賞析:
詩歌體現了壹個思想那就是小孩的愛是超越了客觀現實束縛的大愛,這首非常純美的小詩,體現了孩童心靈的純凈和對生命異乎尋常的理解力。“我們是七個。”她的回答無比確定。她知道,有兩個已經不在,但在她那純凈的世界中沒有什麽分別,親人依然在她身邊,和她在壹起。
小女孩沒有號啕大哭、悲傷絕望,而是堅信他們還在。她依然像往常壹樣和他們壹起玩耍,在他們的墓前,唱歌給他們聽,她怕他們孤單。這種表面的歡愉讓我們哀傷。這讓我們想到有些人已然離去,但他們留給了我們思念,我們也會在心中為他們留下壹個位置。
詩人極力贊美兒童純凈的心靈。究其深處,因為兒童的世界雖然沒有成人那樣理性,還是處於混沌、無序,可是孩童的世界是質樸的,還保持著人類的初始狀態,是人性最本真的自然狀態。成人世界那些看似文明有條理的,其實卻暗藏著自私、冷酷和虛偽。
詩人對兒童天真爛漫、純潔無瑕的贊揚其實是希望成人應該以兒童為老師,盡力保持兒童那份純真的心靈和對自然界富有想象力的感知,讓天性永存。