I am forever walking upon these shores
我永遠走在這些岸上
between?the sand and the foam
在沙與沫之間
The high tide will?erase?my foot-prints
漲潮會抹掉我的足跡
And the wind will blow away the foam
海風會吹去這泡沫
But the sea and the shore will remain forever.
可是海和岸,卻永遠存在。
It was but yesterday
僅僅就在昨天
I thought myself a fragment quivering?without rhythm in the sphere?of life.
我覺得自己只是壹塊碎片在生命的蒼穹中毫無節奏地顫動著
Now I know that I am the sphere
如今我知道自己就是那蒼穹
And all life in rhythmic fragments moves within me.
壹切生命都是節奏分明的碎片在我內心律動
Remembrance?is a form of meeting
追憶是壹種會面
Forgetfulness is a form of freedom
遺忘是壹種自由
小感:
我們的生活,又何嘗不是沙與沫的縮影呢?我們經歷過的所有,總有壹些印跡留存,也總有壹些隨時光消散。泡沫會被風吹走,但海洋和沙岸永遠存在,願我們能讓經歷過的幸福與美好永久收藏,讓悲傷與難過隨風消散。
[詞匯精解]
1 erase
vt. 抹去;擦除
He?managed to erase 17,000 names from computer files.
他設法刪除了電腦文件中的17000個名字。
2 quiver
n. 顫抖;震動
v. 顫抖;振動
I recognized it instantly and felt a quiver of panic.
我立刻認出它了,感到壹陣驚恐的顫抖。
3 sphere
n. 範圍;球體
v. 包圍
This area was formerly within the sphere of influence of the US.
這壹地區先前屬於美國的勢力範圍。
4 remembrance
n. 回想;回憶
He thrilled deliciously at the remembrance.
壹回憶起來他就欣喜震顫。