A
1、Absolutely impossible!絕對不可能的!
2、All I have to do is learn English.我所要做的就是學英語。
3、Are you free tomorrow?妳明天有空嗎?
4、Are you used to the food here?妳習慣吃這兒的飯菜嗎?
B
1、Be careful.小心、註意。
2、Be my guest.請便、別客氣。
3、Better late than never.遲到總比不做好。
4、Better luck next time.祝妳下壹次好運。
5、Better safe than sorry.小心不出大錯。
C
1、Can I have a day off?我能請壹天假嗎?
2、Can I help?要我幫忙嗎?
3、Can I take a message?要我傳話嗎?
4、Can I take a rain check?妳能改天再請我嗎?
5、Can I take your order?您要點菜嗎?
6、Can you give me a wake-up call?妳能打電話叫醒我嗎?
7、Can you give me some feedback?妳能給我壹些建議嗎?
8、Can you make it?妳能來嗎?
9、Can I have a word with you?我能跟妳談壹談嗎?
10、Catch me later.過會兒再來找我。
11、Cheer up!高興起來!振作起來!
12、Come in and make yourself at home.請進,別客氣。
13、Could I have the bill,please?請把賬單給我好嗎?
14、Could you drop me off at the airport?妳能載我到飛機場嗎?
15、Could you speak slower?妳能說得慢壹點
16、Could you take a picture for me?妳能幫我拍照嗎?
D
1、Did you enjoy your flight?妳的飛行旅途愉快嗎?
2、Did you have a good day today?妳今天過得好嗎?
3、Did you have a nice holiday?妳假期過得愉快嗎?
4、Did you have fun?妳玩得開心嗎?
5、Dinner is on me.晚飯我請客。
6、Do you have a room available?妳們有空房間嗎?
7、Do you have any hobbies?妳有什麽愛好嗎?
8、Do you have some change?妳有零錢嗎?
9、Do you mind my smoking?妳介意我抽煙嗎?
10、Do you often work out?妳經常鍛煉身體嗎?
11、Do you speak English?妳會說英語嗎?
12、Don’t be so modest.別這麽謙虛。
13、Don’t bother.不用麻煩了。
14、Don’t get me wrong.別誤會我。
15、Don’t give up.別放棄。
16、Don’t jump to conclusions.不要急於下結論。
17、Don’t let me down.別讓我失望。
18、Don’t make any mistakes.別出差錯。
19、Don’t mention it.不必客氣。
20、Don’t miss the boat.不要坐失良機。
21、Don’t take any chances.不要心存僥幸。
22、Don’t take it for granted.不要想當然。
23、Don’t worry about it.別擔心。
E
1、Easy come,easy go.來得容易,去得快。
2、Enjoy your meal.請慢慢享用吧。
3、Easier said than done.說明容易做時難。
F
1、First come,first served.捷足先登。
2、For here or to go?在這兒吃還是帶走?
3、Forget it.算了吧。
4、Forgive me.請原諒我。
G
1、Give me a call.給我打電話。
2、Give my best to your family.代表向妳們全家問好。
H
1、Have him return my call.讓他給我回電話。
2、Have you ever been to China?妳去過中國嗎?
3、Have you finished yet?妳做完了嗎?
4、Have you got anything larger?有大壹點兒的嗎?
5、Have you got that?妳明白我的意思嗎?
6、Have you heard from Mary?妳收到瑪麗的來信嗎?
7、He is in conference.他正在開會。
8、Help yourself,please.請自己用。
9、Hold your horses.耐心點兒。
10、How can I get in touch with you?我怎樣能跟妳聯絡上?
11、How do I look?我看上去怎麽樣?
12、How is it going?情況怎麽樣?
13、How late are you open?妳們營業到幾點?
14、How long did it last?持續了多久?
15、How long will it take me to get there?到那兒要多長時間?
16、How much is it?多少錢?
17、How often do you eat out?妳隔多久在外面吃壹次飯?
I
1、I apologize.我很抱歉。
2、I appreciate your invitation.感謝妳的邀請。
3、I assure you.我向妳保證。
4、I bet you can.我確信妳能做到。
5、I can manage.我自己可以應付。
6、I can’t afford it.我買不起。
7、I can’t believe it.我簡直不敢相信。
8、I can’t resist the temptation.我不能抵擋誘惑。
9、I can’t stand it.我受不了。
10、I can’t tell.我說不準。
11、I couldn’t agree more.我完全同意。
12、I couldn’t get through.打不通電話。
13、I couldn’t help it.我沒有辦法。
14、I didn’t mean to.我不是故意的。
15、I don’t know for sure.我不能肯定。
16、I enjoy your company.我喜歡有妳做伴。
17、I enjoyed it very much.我非常喜歡。
18、I envy you.我羨慕妳。
19、I feel like having some dumplings.我很想吃餅子。
20、I feel terrible about it.太對不起了。
21、I feel the same way.我也有同感。
22、I have a complaint.我要投訴。
23、I have nothing to do with it.那與我無關。
24、I haven’t the slightest idea.我壹點兒都不知道。
25、I hope you’ll forgive me.我希望妳能原諒我。
26、I know the feeling.我知道那種感覺。
27、I mean what I say.我說話算數。
28、I owe you one.我欠妳壹個人情。
29、I really regret it.我真的非常後悔。
30、I suppose so.我想是這樣。
31、I thought so,too.我也這樣以為。
32、I understand completely.我完全明白。
33、I want to report a theft.我要報壹宗盜竊案。
34、I want to reserve a room.我想預訂壹個房間。
35、I was just about to call you.我正準備打電話給妳。
36、I was moved.=I was touched.我很受感動。
37、I wasn’t aware of that.我沒有意識到。
38、I wasn’t born yesterday.我又不是三歲小孩。
39、I wish I could.但願我能。
40、I wouldn’t worry about it,if I were you.如果我是妳,我就不會擔心。
41、I’d like a refund.我想要退款。
42、I’d like to deposit some money.我想存點兒錢。
43、I’d like to make a reservation.我想訂票。
44、I’ll be right with you.我馬上就來。
45、I’ll check it.我去查壹下。
46、I’ll do my best.我將會盡我最大努力。
47、I’ll get it.我去接電話。
48、I’ll give you a hand.我來幫助妳。
49、I’ll have to see about that.這事兒我得想壹想再定。
50、I’ll keep my eyes open.我會留意的。
51、I’ll keep that in mind.我會記住的。
52、I’ll pick up the tab.我來付帳。
53、I’ll play it by ear.我將隨興而定。
54、I’ll see what I can do.我看壹看能怎麽辦。
55、I’ll show you.我指給妳看。
56、I’ll take care of it.我來辦這件事。
57、I’ll take it.我要了。
58、I’ll take your advice.我接受妳的忠告。
59、I’ll think it over.我仔細考慮壹下。
60、I’ll treat you to diner.我想請妳吃晚飯。
61、I’ll walk you to the door.我送妳到門口。
62、I’m broke.我身無分文。
63、I’m crazy bout English.我非常喜歡英語。
64、I’m easy to please.我很隨和。
65、I’m glad to hear that.聽到這消息我很高興。
66、I’m glad you enjoyed it.妳喜歡我就高興。
67、I’m good at it.我做這個很在行。
68、I’m in a good mood.我現在心情很好。
69、I’m in good shape.我的身體狀況很好。
70、I’m just having a look.我只是隨便看看。
71、I’m looking for a part-time job.我正在找兼職工作。
72、I’m looking forward to it.我盼望著這件事。
73、I’m lost.我給搞糊塗了。
74、I’m not feeling well.我感覺不舒服。
75、I’m not myself today.我今天心神不寧。
76、I’m not really sure.我不太清楚。
英語口語技巧
In life we’re often asked to give our opinion, or in some cases, we give our opinion even if it hasn’t been asked for!
生活中,經常有人會詢問我們的意見,或者在某些情況下,即使沒有被詢問,我們也會給出自己的意見。
Sometimes we can be very direct with our opinion and it won’t upset the other person. However, more often than not we need to be careful how we share our thoughts so as not tooffendor hurt the other person’s feelings. This can be especially true in business where cultural differences can have adetrimentaleffect on business dealings.
有時我們可以非常直接地表達我們的意見,且不會讓別人不開心。但是,為了不傷害或冒犯到他人,我們通常需要小心翼翼的分享我們的想法。這在商界尤其重要,因為文化差異可能會對交易產生不利影響。
The British are especially careful when giving their opinion (in business, that is). They often don’t want to cause offence and consequently, will start their sentences using certain expressions to soften the blow. A number of my clients have said that the British are very polite and considerate in their dealings with colleagues and clients. So much so, that the British way of doing business is often admired.
英國人在表達自己的意見時特別小心(在商界)。他們通常不想冒犯別人,所以開始會使用壹些特定的表達來緩和接下來的內容。我的顧客中有很多人都說過英國人在和同事及顧客處理問題時都非常地禮貌和體貼。所以,英國人做生意的方式通常都是令人欽佩的。
In this post, I’d like to share with your some common expressions we have of giving one’s opinion. I have used Liz Potter’s excellent article for Macmillan Dictionary’s blog as the main structure and made some changes to it.
在這篇文章中,我想分享壹些在表達意見時會用到的常用詞組。我用Liz Potter為麥克米倫字典的博客寫的壹篇優秀文章作為主要結構,並做了壹些改動。
?進入『歐加口語商務系列L5-L7』學習更多講演表達技巧
1. I think
This is the most common and general way of giving an opinion. You can use it both informally and formally
I think if you offer aconsistentlygood service to your clients, they will keep coming back to you.
1.I think這是最常用、最普遍的表達意見的方式。正式和非正式情況下都可以使用。我認為如果妳給客戶提供始終如壹的優質服務,他們會壹直選擇妳們的服務。
2.I reckon
This is a more informal way of giving your opinion:
I reckon it will be much faster to get to London by train.
2.I reckon壹種更加非正式的表達意見的方式我認為坐火車去倫敦會更快。
3. In my opinion (4) In my view:
These expressions are more formal and are often used when talking about important issues
In my view, they made a huge mistake in not selling the company when they had the chance.
In my opinion, the Bank of England should not raise interest rates this year.
3.In my opinion (4) In my view:這兩個表達更加正式,並且通常在談論重要問題時使用。在我看來,當他們有機會賣掉公司時卻不賣是個重大的錯誤。在我看來,英國銀行今年不應該增加利息。
5. It seems to me (6) All things considered:
When you’ve thought about a situation carefully you could use either of these two expressions.
It seems to me that they are spending more money than they need to to attract new talent into the company.
All things considered, I think we made a wise choice inrecruitingJames.
5. It seems to me (6) All things considered:當妳已經仔細考慮過壹種情形時,妳可以使用兩種表達中任意壹種:在我看來,在為公司引進新人才時,他們的花費比實際需求多很多。總的來看,我認為招聘詹姆斯是壹個明智的選擇。
7. If you ask me
This is used when your opinion is critical. Sometimes, people say this even when their opinion hasn’t been asked for! – “If you ask me,…..” “But I didn’t ask you….!”
If you ask me, she has spoilt her children far too much.
7. If you ask me 當妳的.意見帶有批評性質的時候使用這種表達。有時,人們甚至會在沒有被詢問意見的時候使用這個短語!-“依我看…”“但是我沒有問妳…”!依我看,她太過溺愛她的孩子了。
8. To be honest (9) To tell you the truth (10) To be frank
All three expressions are a way of giving your opinion when you know that people may not like what you have to say
To tell you the truth, your father was right when he said that youundersoldthe company.
To be honest, I preferred it when you were blonde.
To be frank, I thought her acting was simply terrible.
8. To be honest (9) To tell you the truth (10) To be frank
知道別人可能不喜歡妳要說的話時,可以用這三種表達來給出妳的意見。
老實告訴妳,妳父親對妳低價拋售公司的判斷是對的。
老實說,我更喜歡妳金發的樣子。
坦白地說,我覺得他的表演很糟糕。
11. Frankly speaking
You would use this expression to give your opinion in a more familiar andforthrightway.
Frankly speaking, I don’t know what she sees in him.
11. Frankly speaking這是壹種更親近和直率的表達意見的方式。坦白地說,我不知道她看上他哪壹點。
12. Personally
This is used to emphasize that you are giving your own opinion
Personally, I think the CEO should apologize for his appalling behaviour at the shareholders’ meeting.
12. Personally這個短語通常用來強調妳標的的只是個人意見。就我而言,我認為總裁應該為他在董事會的惡劣行為道歉。
13. To my mind (14) As far as I’m concerned
When you realise that other people may not agree with you you would use either of these expressions:
To my mind, private education is better than state education.
As far as I’m concerned, tennis is a much more interesting sport than football.
13. To my mind (14) As far as I’m concerned
當妳意識到其他人可能不同意妳的觀點時,可以使用這兩種表達中的任意壹種:依我看,私立教育比公立教育好。就我而言,網球比足球有意思多了。
So there you have it! You have 14 ways to give your opinion in English. Which expressions are you likely to use?
都學會了吧!壹***14種用英語表達意見的方式,妳喜歡用哪壹種呢?