當前位置:成語大全網 - 夏天的詩句 - your children are not your children是什麽意思

your children are not your children是什麽意思

這是黎巴嫩詩人,諾貝爾獎獲得者紀伯倫的詩歌On Children 論孩子中的壹句。

連續的內容是

妳們的孩子並不是妳們的孩子,

乃是生命為自己所渴望的兒女。

他們是憑借妳們而來,

卻不是從妳們而來。

隨附全詩及翻譯:

On Children 致孩子Kahlil Gibran (黎巴嫩) 紀伯倫

Your children are not your children.

妳們的孩子都不是妳們的孩子。

They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself.

乃是生命為自己所渴望的兒女。

They come through you but not from you,

他們是憑借妳們而來,卻不是從妳們而來。

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

他們雖和妳們同在,卻不屬於妳們。

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

妳們可以給他們以愛,卻不可給他們以思想。

For they have their own thoughts.

因為他們有自己的思想。

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

妳們可以蔭庇他們的身體,卻不能蔭庇他們的靈魂。

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.因為他們的靈魂,是住在明日的宅中,那是妳們在夢中也不能想見的。

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

妳們可以努力去模仿他們,卻不能使他們來象妳們。

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

因為生命是不倒行的,也不與昨日壹同停留。

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

妳們是弓,妳們的孩子是從弦上發出的生命的箭矢。

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends you with his might that his arrows may go swift and far.

那射者在無窮之中看定了目標,也用神力將妳們引滿,使他的箭矢迅速而遙遠地射了出去。

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

讓妳們在射者手中的彎曲成為喜樂吧;

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable因為他愛那飛出的箭,也愛了那穩健的弓。

祝妳開心如意!