What is pink? A rose is pink 什麽是粉紅色?
By the fountain's brink. 噴泉邊的玫瑰就是粉紅色。
What is red? A poppy's red 什麽是艷紅色?
In its barley bed. 在大麥床裏的罌粟花就是艷紅色。
What is blue? The sky is blue 什麽是蔚藍色?天空就是蔚藍色,
Where the clouds float thro'. 雲朵飄過其間。
What is white? A swan is white 什麽是白色?
Sailing in the light. 陽光下嬉水的天鵝就是白色。
What is yellow? Pears are yellow, 什麽是黃色?梨兒就是黃色,
Rich and ripe and mellow. 熟透且多汁。
What is green? The grass is green, 什麽是綠色?草就是綠色,
With small flowers between. 小花摻雜其間。
What is violet? Clouds are violet 什麽是紫色?夏日夕陽裏的
In the summer twilight. 彩霞就是紫色。
What is orange? Why, an orange, 什麽是橘色?當然啦!
Just an orange! 橘子就是橘色。
What Does Little Birdie Say?
(1)
What does little birdie say, 小鳥說些什麽呢?
In her nest at peep of day? 在這黎明初曉的小巢中?
Let me fly, says little birdie, 小鳥說,讓我飛,
Mother, let me fly away, 媽媽,讓我飛走吧。
Birdie, rest a little longer, 寶貝,稍留久壹會兒,
Till the little wings are stronger. 等到那對小翅膀再長硬些兒。
So she rests a little longer, 因此它又多留了壹會兒,
Then she flies away. 然而它還是飛走了。
(2)
What does little baby say, 嬰兒說些什麽,
In her bed at peep of day? 在破曉時分的床上?
Baby says, like little birdie, 嬰兒像小鳥那樣說,
Let me rise and fly away. 讓我起來飛走吧。
Baby, sleep a little longer, 乖乖,稍微多睡壹會兒,
Till the little limbs are stronger. 等妳的四肢再長硬點兒。
If she sleeps a little longer, 如果她再多睡壹會兒,
Baby too shall fly away. 嬰兒必然也會像鳥兒壹樣地飛走。
stopping by woods on a snowy evening
雪夜林邊停
By Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
樹林屬誰我自明,
他家住在那村中;
安能料到我來此,
賞觀大雪漫叢林。
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
小小馬兒顯疑情,
為何偏在這兒停?
冰湖林間無農舍,
又逢雪夜黑蒙蒙。
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
馬兒甩動韁繩鈴,
預告主人迷路徑。
只聞輕風簌簌語,
鵝毛雪片淅淅生。
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
夜林深沈尤可愛,
信守諾言久難停。
找店尚需早趕路,
投宿之前再遠行。
The road not taken
by Robert Frost
在壹個黃色的樹林裏有兩條叉開的路TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
可惜我只能選擇其中的壹條去走 And sorry I could not travel both
我是壹個獨立旅行的人,在那裏佇立良久And be one traveler, long I stood
我盡力想看見壹條路的盡頭and looked down one as far as I could
可是壹切都隱沒在叢林深處。To where it bent in the undergrowth;
終於,我決定選擇另壹條路Then took the other, as just as fair,
我以為更值得, And having perhaps the better claim,
因為這壹條青草茵茵,沒有人踏過Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
若有過往人蹤,路的狀況會相差無幾。Had worn them really about the same, Though as for that the passing there
那天早晨,兩條路都覆蓋在枯葉下,And both that morning equally lay
沒有踐踏的汙痕:In leaves no step had trodden black.
啊,原先那條路留給另壹天吧!Oh, I kept the first for another day!
明知壹條路會引出另壹條路,Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
我懷疑我是否會回到原處。I doubted if I should ever come back
在許多許多年以後,在某處,I shall be telling this with a sigh
我會輕輕嘆息說:Somewhere ages and ages hence:
黃樹林裏分叉兩條路,而我,Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
我選擇了較少人跡的壹條,I took the one less traveled by,
使得壹切多麼地不同。And that has made all the difference
Love\'s Witness——愛情的見證
Slight unpremeditated Words are borne
By every common Wind into the Air;
Carelessly utter\'d, die as soon as born,
And in one instant give both Hope and Fear:
Breathing all Contraries with the same Wind
According to the Caprice of the Mind.
But Billetdoux are constant Witnesses,
Substantial Records to Eternity;
Just Evidences,who the Truth confess,
On which the Lover safely may rely;
They\'re serious Thoughts,digested and resolv\'d;
And last,when Words are into Clouds devolv\'d.
不加思索的輕率話語,
被每壹次平凡的呼吸載入空氣;
隨便說說,剛出口即消失,
壹瞬間給人希望和恐懼:
同壹氣息呼出萬般矛盾心腸,
追隨心靈無常的遐想。
但情書則是恒常的見證,
直至永恒的實體記錄;
公道的證物,它道出真誠,
戀人能在其上安心依附;
它們是嚴肅的思想,經過深思熟慮;
當話語在雲外消失,它們還將延續。
I AM THE WIND
我是風
I am the wind that wavers,
我是那舞動的風
You are the certain land;
而妳是那安靜的土地
I am the shadow that passes
Over the sand.
我是那跨越妳土地的影子
I am the leaf that quivers,
我是那震澶的葉子
You--the unshaken tree;
而妳是那寧靜的樹
You are the stars that are steadfast,
妳是那堅定的群星
I am the sea.
而我是那大海
You are the light eternal,
妳是那永恒的光輝
Like a torch I shall die...
而我要象火炬熄滅
You are the surge of deep music,
I--but a cry!
妳是那深沈樂音的波濤
可我,只會哭泣
2.
MISTRESS MINE,
WHERE ARE YOU ROAMING
妳是去哪裏,我的姑娘啊
Mistress mine, where are you roaming?
我的姑娘哦,妳要去哪裏?
stay and hear! your true-love's coming
That can sing both high and low;
還是留下來,妳的真愛正悄悄來臨
聽啊!它會高歌淺吟
Trip no further, pretty sweeting,
不要再四處遊蕩了,美麗的情人
Journeys end in lovers' meeting--
Every wise man's son doth know.
飄蕩會止於愛人的相會,這每個聰明人的兒子都懂
What is love? 'tis not herafter;
什麽才是愛情?如這還不是
Present mirth hath present laughter;
現上歡樂,顯出笑聲
What's to come is still unsure:
那些將來的依然不能預測
In delay there lies no plenty,--
這裏將沒有多少謊言
Then come kiss me, Sweet--and--twenty,
那麽來親吻我吧!妙齡美人!
Youth's a stuff will not endure
青春會稍縱即逝
3.
I TRAVELLED AMONG UNKNOWN MEN
我曾在海外的異鄉漫遊
I travelled among unknown men,
In lands beyond the sea;
我曾在海外的他鄉漫遊
Nor, England! did I know till then
直到那個時候我才知道有個被稱為英格蘭的地方
What love I bore to thee.
我能給妳什麽樣的愛情。
'Tis past, that melancholy dream!
那只不過是過去的壹個憂郁的夢哦!
Nor will I quit thy shore
我將不會在妳的海岸擱淺
A second time; for still I seem
To love thee more and more
這已經不是第壹次,我似乎越來越愛妳
Among thy mountains did I feel
The joy of my desire;
在妳的群峰之間,我享受著欲望的快樂
And she I cherished turned her wheel
Beside an English fire.
在英國人的鉤火邊,我懷抱著她催動她欲望之輪
Thy mornings showed, thy nights concealed
The bowers where Lucy played;
就在露希曾玩耍過的涼亭,妳的清晨已露,妳的黑夜逃脫
And thine too is the last green field
That Lucy's eyes surveyed.
而露希的雙眸所及,也是妳最後的綠地。
FAREWELL, SWEET GROVES
哦再見,可愛的小樹林
Farewell,
再見吧
Sweet groves to you;
可愛的小樹林
You hills, that highest dwell,
And all you humble vales, adieu.
妳盤踞在小山之頂
You wanton brooks and solitary rocks,
肆意而孤獨的搖擺
My dear companions all, and you, my tender flocks!
我和妳僅有的伴侶是那些溫順的羊群
Farewell, my pipe, and all those pleasing songs, whose moving strains
再見吧,我的笛子和所有快樂的歌聲, 以及那些移動著的緊張
Delighted once the fairest nymphs that dance upon the plains;
欣喜的,無比美麗的仙女在平地上起舞
You discontents, whose deep and over- deadly smart,
妳的不滿,是那些深邃過於平靜的苦痛
Have, without pity, broke the truest heart;
毫無憐憫地傷害了那真實的心臟
Sighs, tears, and every sad annoy,
That erst did with me dwell,
And all other's joy
那曾伴隨我的嘆息,眼淚和每壹個愁苦的煩惱
以及所有別的樂趣
Farewell!Adieu,
再見吧!再見吧!
4.
Fair shepherdesses:
美麗的牧羊女們
Let garlands of sad yew
Adorn your dainty golden tresses.
讓那紫杉木花環,裝飾妳秀美的卷發
I, that loved you, and often with my quill
我,愛妳們的人,也常是用這羽莖
Made music that delighted fountain, grove, and hill:
演奏音樂使山泉,樹木和小山高興
I, whom you loved so, and with a sweet and chaste embrace.
而我,妳們深愛的人,被妳甜蜜而簡樸的擁抱
(Yea, with a thousand rarer favours) would vouchsafe to grace,
(是的,以成千珍貴的寵愛) 將賜予優雅
I, now must leave you all alone, of love to pain:
我現在不得不離妳們而去,並因愛而痛苦
And never pipe, nor never sing again.
再也不吹起我的風笛,也再不放歌
I must, for evermore, be gone.
我不得不永遠地離開
And therefore bid I you
因此我要祝福妳
And every one,
以及每壹個人
Adieu.
再見
5.
MOONSHINE
胡言亂語
To think 如果說思考
I must be alone: 還是要孤單好
To love 如果說是愛情
We must be together. 我們必需壹道
I think I love you
When I'm alone 當我孤單的時候,我想我真的愛妳
More than I think of you 當我們在壹起的時候,愛情要遠遠超出我的思考
When we're together.
I cannot think 沒有愛情我又如何思考?
Without loving
Or love 同樣沒有思考豈能相愛?
Without thinking.
Alone I love 因此我熱愛孤單
To think of us together:去冥想我們在壹起的時候
Together I think
I'd love to be alone.而當我們在壹起,我又渴望孤單!