泰戈爾英語詩歌短詩品析
The Gardener 16
園丁集 16
Ranbindranath Tagore
羅賓德拉納特?泰戈爾
Hands cling to hands and eyes linger on eyes;
兩 手相 挽,凝眸相視,
thus begins the record of our hearts.
這樣開始了我們的心的記錄。
It is the moonlit night of March;
這是三月的月明之夜,
the sweet smell of henna is in the air;
空氣裏是指甲花的甜香,
my flute lies on the earth neglected
我的橫笛遺忘在地上,
and your garland of flowers is unfinished.
而妳的花環也沒有編成。
This love between you and me is simple as a song.
妳我之間的愛情像歌曲般單純。
Your veil of the saffron colour makes my eyes drunk.
妳的番紅花色的面紗,使我醉眼陶然。
The jasmine wreath that you wove me thrills to my heart like praise.
妳為我編的茉莉花環使我心震顫,像是受了贊揚壹般。
It is a game of giving and withholding, revealing and screening again;
這是壹種欲予故奪、欲露故藏的遊戲;
some smiles and some little shyness,
有些微笑,有些羞怯,
and some sweet useless struggles.
還有壹些甜柔的無用的掙紮。
This love between you and me is simple as a song.
妳我之間的愛情像歌曲般單純。
No mystery beyond the present;
沒有超越現實的神秘;
no striving for the impossible;
沒有對不可能的事物的強求;
no shadow behind the charm;
沒有藏在魅力背後的陰影;
no groping in the depth of the dark.
也沒有在黑暗深處的摸索。
This love between you and me is simple as a song.
妳我之間的愛情像歌曲般單純。
We do not stray out of all words into the ever silent;
我們並不背離壹切言語而走入永遠緘默的歧途;
we do not raise our hands to the void for things beyond hope.
我們並不向空虛伸手要求超乎希望的事物。
It is enough what we give and we get.
我們所給予的和我們所得到的,都已經足夠。
We have not crushed the joy to the utmost to wring from it the wine of pain.
我們不曾過度地耽於歡樂而從中榨出痛苦的醇酒。
This love between you and me is simple as a song.
妳我之間的愛情像歌曲般單純。
經典的泰戈爾英語詩歌短詩
Roaming Cloud
by Rabindranath Tagore
I am like a remnant of a cloud of autumn
uselessly roaming in the sky, O my sun ever-glorious!
Thy touch has not yet melted my vapor,
making me one with thy light,
and thus I count months and years separated from thee.
If this be thy wish and if this be thy play,
then take this fleeting emptiness of mine,
paint it with colors, gild it with gold,
float it on the wanton wind and spread it in varied wonders.
And again when it shall be thy wish to end this play at night,
I shall melt and vanish away in the dark,
or it may be in a smile of the white morning,
in a coolness of purity transparent.
遊雲
羅賓德拉納特?泰戈爾(著)
我像秋天裏的壹片殘雲,
無助地飄拂在天空裏,啊,我那永遠光輝燦爛的太陽!
妳的觸摸還沒有把我的水汽融化,
就使我與妳的明亮合成為壹體,
從而使我計算著同妳離開了幾月還是幾年。
假如這是妳的願望,假如這是妳的遊戲,
於是請妳接受我那流逝著的空虛,
把它染上顏色、塗上真金,
使它飄浮在那肆無忌憚的風裏,鋪設成為各種各樣的奇跡,
假如妳希望在這夜晚裏結束這場遊戲,
我將溶化和消失在黑暗裏。
也可能這只是白色早晨的微笑,
在那壹篇冰涼純凈的透明裏。
關於泰戈爾英語詩歌短詩
十二點鐘 TWELVE O'CLOCK
MOTHER, I do want to leave off my lessons now. I have been at my book all the morning.
媽媽,我真想現在不做功課了。我整個早晨都在念書呢。
You say it is only twelve o'clock. Suppose it isn't any later; can't you ever think it is afternoonwhen it is only twelve o'clock?
妳說,現在還不過是十二點鐘。假定不會晚過十二點罷;難道妳不能把不過是十二點鐘想象成下午麽?
I can easily imagine now that the sun has reached the edge of that rice-field, and the old fisher-woman is gathering herbs for her supper by the side of the pond.
我能夠容容易易地想象:現在太陽已經到了那片稻田的邊緣上了,老態龍鐘的漁婆正在池邊采擷香草作她的晚餐。
I can just shut my eyes and think that the shadows are growing darker under the madar tree,and the water in the pond looks shiny black.
我閉上了眼就能夠想到,馬塔爾樹下的陰影是更深黑了,池塘裏的水看來黑得發亮。
If twelve o'clock can come in the night, why can't the night come when it is twelve o'clock?
假如十二點鐘能夠在黑夜裏來到,為什麽黑夜不能在十二點鐘的時候來到呢?