<普希金> <Alexander Pushkin >
再見吧,自由的原素! Farewell to you, unharnessed Ocean!
最後壹次了,在我眼前 No longer will you roll at me
妳的藍色的浪頭翻滾起伏, Your azure swells in endless motion
妳的驕傲的美閃爍壯觀。 Or gleam in tranquil majesty.
仿佛友人的憂郁的絮語, A comrade's broken words on leaving,
仿佛他別離壹刻的招呼, His hail of parting at the door:
最後壹次了,我聽著妳的 Your chant of luring, chant of grieving
喧聲呼喚,妳的沈郁的吐訴。 Will murmur in my ears no more.
我全心渴望的國度啊,大海! Oh, homeland of my spirit's choosing!
多麽常常地,在妳的岸上 How often on your banks at large
我靜靜地,迷惘地徘徊, I wandered mute and dimly musing,
苦思著我那珍愛的願望。 Fraught with a sacred, troubling charge!
啊,我多麽愛聽妳的回聲, How I would love your deep resounding,
那喑啞的聲音,那深淵之歌, The primal chasm's muffled voice,
我愛聽妳黃昏時分的幽靜, The primal chasm's muffled voice,
和妳任性的脾氣的發作! And in your sudden, reckless bounding!
漁人的渺小的帆憑著 The fisher's lowly canvas slips,
妳的喜怒無常的保護 By your capricious favor sheltered,
在兩齒之間大膽地滑過, Undaunted down your breakers' lips:
但妳若洶湧起來,無法克服, Yet by your titan romps have weltered
成群的漁船就會覆沒。 And foundered droves of masted ships.
直到現在,我還不能離開 Alas, Fate thwarted me from weighing
這令我厭煩的凝固的石岸, My anchor off the cloddish shore,
我還沒有熱烈地擁抱妳,大海! Exultantly your realm surveying,
也沒有讓我的詩情的波瀾 And by your drifting ridges laying
隨著妳的山脊跑開! My poet's course forevermore.
妳在期待,呼喚…我卻被縛住, You waited, called... I was in irons,
我的心徒然想要掙脫開, And vainly did my soul rebel,
是更強烈的感情把我迷住, Becalmed in those uncouth environs
於是我在岸邊留下來…… By passion's overpowering spell.
有什麽可顧惜的?而今哪裏 Yet why this sorrow? Toward what fastness
能使我奔上坦蕩的途徑? Would now my carefree sails be spread?
在妳的荒涼中,只有壹件東西 To one lone goal in all your vastness
也許還激動我的心靈。 My spirit might have gladly sped.
壹面峭壁,壹座光榮的墳墓… One lonely cliff, the tomb of glory...
那裏,種種偉大的回憶 There chilling slumber fell upon
已在寒冷的夢裏沈沒, The ghost of mankind's proudest story:
啊,是拿破侖熄滅在那裏。 There breathed his last Napoleon.
他已經在苦惱裏長眠。 There rest for suffering he bartered;
緊隨著他,另壹個天才 And, gale-borne in his wake, there streams
象風暴之間馳過我們面前, Another kingly spirit martyred,
啊,我們心靈的另壹個主宰。 Another regent of our dreams.
他去了,使自由在悲泣中! He passed, and left to Freedom mourning,
他把自己的桂 冠留給世上。 His laurels to Eternity.
喧騰吧,為險惡的天時而洶湧,Arise, roar out in stormy warning:
噢,大海!他曾經為妳歌唱。 He was your own true bard, oh Sea!
他是由妳的精氣塑成的, His soul was by your spirit haunted,
海啊,他是妳的形象的反映; In your own image was he framed:
他象妳似的深沈、有力、陰郁,Like you immense, profound, undaunted
他也倔強得和妳壹樣。 Like you nocturnal untamed.
世界空虛了……哦,海洋, Bereft the world... where by your power,
現在妳還能把我帶到哪裏? Oh Sea would you now carry me?
到處,人們的命運都是壹樣: Life offers everywhere one dower:
哪裏有幸福,必有教育 On any glint of bliss there glower
或暴君看守得非常嚴密。 Enlightenment or tyranny.
再見吧,大海!妳壯觀的美色 Farewell then, Sea! Henceforth in wonder
將永遠不會被我遺忘; Your regal grace will I rever;
我將久久地,久久地聽著 Long will your muffled twilit thunder
妳在黃昏時分的轟響。 Reverberate within my ear.
心裏充滿了妳,我將要把 To woods and silent wildernesses
妳的山巖,妳的海灣, Will I translate your potent spells,
妳的光和影,妳的浪花的喋喋,Your cliffs, your coves, your shining tresses,
帶到森林,帶到寂靜的荒原。 Your shadows and your murmurous swells.